Thursday 24 February 2011

Wireframes for my website

Rational

Here are three wireframes I have designed in Photoshop as part of the design process for my new project "Digital Me". My website will represent me as person and the things I'm most interested in; from politics, to embarrasing stories it will all be here on my website.
In terms of the layout regarding my website it will be filled with bright colours to emthasise the type of personality I have, the wireframes above follow on from a moodboard I designed earlier but have yet to upload onto here
The process behind the wireframes involved beginning to understand what wireframes were and how they contributed to the design of a website. Once I understood what wireframes were I then looked at examples and these included several websites for inspiration.
We were each set the task of designing five wireframes either through the means of Powerpoint, Word or Photoshop and once completed would then be uploaded on our blogs.

As stated above the bright colours represent my quirky outgoing side and the content is information I find interested and I hope people who view my website will find it fun and interesting too.
In terms of how long it took me to design my five wireframes, as I had started creating mine last week Thursday I have now completed it as you can see above. Intially I did find the wireframes challenging however once I started and used the links provided I found it easier to manage and create.

1 comment:

  1. I do hope you'll be taking accessibility into account when you build your website. I recommend you use the W3C validator tool to make sure you aren't creating something which will be non-standards-compliant. Your interface needs to be consistent and "transparent" - i.e. users shouldn't even have to think about how to navigate between pages as it should be totally obvious.

    Hope this helps...
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete