Thursday 17 February 2011

Two hour session meeting with other design students

On Wednesday 16th Feb 2011 I attended a two hour presentation session along with the following courses, Theatre Design, Design for TV & Film, Costume Design and my course Multimedia. This session had been devised to help us understand how these design courses although different do have similarities regarding work, how we summerise and how we undertake the tasks we do.

At the start of the session we were put into mixed groups of four, five and six, and told we each had 10 minutes to talk about a project that we either had done or were in the process of doing to our fellow peers. During this time there would be an assigned note taker who would also give feedback and this was for each person who had spoken.

I found the session interesting as it was nice to meet people from different courses and to also see how they approach the work they had in comparison to me and fellow Multimedia students. I now feel I have a better understand of how much work is involved whatever the project maybe and also how rewarding it is to see your finished piece and know that you have tried your hardest to achieve the grade you wanted.

Overall I felt the two hour session was constructive, productive and eye-opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment