Sunday 10 April 2011

First draft of visual essay (written piece)

For my visual essay I have decided to make a documentary on how technology has changed society as my chosen pathway will be film next year.  I have drawn up a number of questions which will be aimed at people aged between the 16-25 years old because this age range would know most about technology in this current climate.
The next thing I did was carry out mini interviews with friends and family to see what their take on technology was. My main aim for my visual essay is to gain a better understanding of how technology has changed our lives so far.
It was only a few years ago that dial up was the only way you connect to the internet; however with the new invention of high speed broadband and Wi-Fi it is much quicker to reach the internet where ever you are i.e. as long as your location is Wi-Fi enabled you can establish a connection within minutes.
With my short documentary I also want to highlight the negatives and potential downsides to this new technology and to what extent could it reach. As Japanese scientists have already created a fully functional robot which is the same size as a small child, this is a prime example of science continues to grow and rapidly develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment